The First Buildings 1931- 1936
In 1931 Dr. Roy E. Mitchell and Dr. E.C. Murphy sought to preserve the legacy of the Chippewa Valley's logging industry. In 1933, using lumber donated from Dr. Mitchell's land and the help of men who had worked in the lumber camps, the Kiwanis Club of Eau Claire built a replica cook's shanty and bunkhouse in Carson Park where the Chippewa Valley Railroad is now located. The Paul Bunyan Logging Camp opened to the public in 1934.
Dr. Roy E. Mitchell and Dr. E.C. Murphy