Collecting the Valley: Aviation History in the Chippewa Valley
November 16th, 2021 | 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm | Online - Zoom | Location: Wisconsin
Enjoy a collection of stories, documents, and photographs depicting pioneering moments in Chippewa Valley’s aviation history. Guy Wood, who became Eau Claire Airport’s first full time manager in 1976, owns a personal collection of records and photos extending back to his grandfather’s role in organizing the Eau Claire Aero Corporation in the 1920s. Guy’s management began with the area’s first major airshow and the immediate responsibilities of replacing runways and terminal building to retain commercial air service. Paid registration and an internet connection are required for participation.
Also in Collecting the Valley Series :
• Dec 21: Growing Up in the 1950's with CVM Curator of Collections Diana Peterson
• Jan 18: Collected Stories from Happy Island and Old Meridean with author Jeanne Anderson
Things to Know:
• Full Series Package available for $25, or $15 for mueum members (program recordings will be available for Series Package purchasers after each presentation).
• Virtual attendance via Zoom for individual presentations $10.
• Link to program will be emailed to registrants Monday before the scheduled program.
Visit Website: Learn MoreRegister